The Warehouse Manager oversees the efficient receipt, storage, replenishment and dispatch of a range of goods. Responsible for a vital part of the manufacturing process, you’ll manage people, processes and systems in order to ensure goods are received, picked and dispatched appropriately, and that productivity targets are met. You will work closely with production departmental managers to ensure that the Warehouse provides a timely, efficient, and accurate service to production.
This position is considered a working manager role, therefore where operational demand dictates you will be expected to complete a range of bau Warehouse tasks such as loading and unloading vehicles, and picking stock for production.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of complete Warehouse operation comprising goods receipts, inbound scheduling, stock monitoring, and OTIF picking and replenishment to production.
- Responsible for the management of health & safety within the area including risk assessments, safe systems of work, LOLER & PUWER regulations.
- Monitoring inventory levels, working to continually improve adherence to stock management and quality control systems, delivered through the management and implementation of inventory management systems.
- Responsibility for maintaining, displaying, and communicating management information metrics on stock turns, inventory accuracy, valuation, and supplier performance.
- Management of a team of 5 people including objective setting, personal development / mandatory training, succession planning, and performance management.
- Management of all manual handling equipment, supply, service, maintenance, and training.
- Management of perpetual stock taking activities.
- Ensuring the provision of a waste management service including the implementation of recycling opportunities.
- Promotion, management, and participation in Continuous Improvement projects in line with business improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining, auditing and processing appropriate standards documentation (ISO14001, 18001, 9001, Standard Operating Procedures, and Training Records)
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the department to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
For full details of the role and the type of candidate we’re looking for, please download the job specification.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.comApply now
GET IN TOUCH
Contact us today to find out more about opportunities for full time, part time and temporary rolesCONTACT US