HEAD OF COMPLIANCE
To ensure the Company is compliant with current, applicable; International Standards (9001, 14001, 22301, 27001), Health and Safety legislation; and other standards to which the company is certified and other requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the Compliance Department to:
- Maintain Registers of Legislation and other requirements in particular Environmental, Data Protection, and Health & Safety
- Monitor new and proposed legislation
- Audit compliance on a regular basis and report non-conformance to the Directors
- Ensure the department maintains management systems to comply with ISO 9001, 14001, 22301, 27001, CPAS, FSC/PEFC and Health and Safety Legislation
- Work with management to formulate company policies and procedures
- Plan direct and co-ordinate employee awareness of company policies and procedures
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate the quality assurance activities undertaken and to be the catalyst in developing, promoting, implementing and maintaining a quality improvement programme.
- Assist top management to identify, assess and mitigate operational, strategic and reputational risk
- Maintain a Risk Register, Risk Treatment Plans and Business Impact Analysis
- Promote a risk based management culture
- Maintain a schedule of internal audits
- Ensure internal Auditors carry out and report on planned audits
- Ensure that non-conformances and arising preventative actions are tracked and closed
- Manage external surveillance, due diligence and insurance assessor visits
- Manage procedures to effectively investigate incidents and accidents ensuring that root cause and preventative actions are adequately identified
- Report activity weekly to the Management Team
- Report on activity, KPIs and trends to the Board
As a member of the Management Team:
- Monitor the impact of customer and operational activity on compliance and risk management
- Raise awareness of incidents and accident investigation facilitating resolution
- Set annual objectives
For full details of this role please download the job spec.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opus Trust aims to be an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all communities irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, race or ethnicity, disability.Apply now
GET IN TOUCH
Contact us today to find out more about opportunities for full time, part time and temporary rolesCONTACT US