Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The Government announced yesterday that due to a rise in local COVID-19 infection rates, the planned easing of lockdown restrictions will not apply to Leicester. Whilst I am delighted to report that we have had no cases of COVID-19, with one of our manufacturing sites located in Leicester I thought it important to tell you about the strict rules we already have in place to provide a COVID-secure environment, which protects our colleagues and ensures continuity of the services so essential to our clients and their customers.
What the Government has said:
- Given the growing outbreak in Leicester, the easing of the national lockdown, set to ake place on the 4th July, will not happen in Leicester.
- The relaxation of shielding measures due to commence on 6th July will not happen in Leicester.
- The Government will review the situation in 2 weeks.
- From today non-essential retail will close.
- From Thursday this week schools will close, staying open only for vulnerable children and children of key workers.
- From today only essential travel to, from and around Leicester is allowed.
- Anyone in Leicester with symptoms must come forward for a test. Several test centres have been set up in and around Leicester.
- As was the case at the start of lockdown some weeks ago, the Government recommends that people in Leicester should stay at home as much as possible.
What we are doing to ensure the safety of our colleagues:
- We introduced COVID-secure procedures at the beginning of the lockdown to ensure the safety of our colleagues.
- Colleagues currently working from home will continue to do so until further notice.
- Colleagues working within Production are critical workers. They are following the stringent rules we introduced at the beginning of lockdown to ensure we continue to operate a COVID-secure working environment.
- Our colleagues use hand sanitiser to wash their hands as soon as they enter the building.
- Our colleagues wash their hands with soap and water at the first opportunity after entering the building.
- Our colleagues wash their hands with soap and water regularly throughout the day.
- PPE is freely available for our colleagues use.
- Our colleagues follow the guidance we have issued for the safe and effective wearing of PPE.
- Our colleagues follow the one-way system that has been introduced for their safety.
- Our colleagues observe the 2-metre distancing rule.
- Our colleagues are encouraged to report behaviour that puts their safety at risk.
You can be assured of our continued commitment to the safety of our colleagues and to the delivery of the excellent service you have come to expect.
I would like to thank you for your support during these extraordinary times. Look after yourselves and your families.
Chief Executive Officer